Pages

Friday 18 September 2015

My graduation day make up look: plus day and night outfits.

Hello lovelies, sorry I've been so absent on my blog, no excuses really just had no inspiration and tonnes of stuff on my mind! But anyway, I have just graduated, this week in fact on the 16th of September 2015 from CCCU. I thought it would be good to show you how I did my make up look for the day as well as my two outfits, one for the day and one for the evening.

I wanted something kind of timeless, so I wouldn't look back on my pictures in five years and cringe at myself, but knowing me I probably will do that! I opted for a gold eye look with a bold red lip and a full coverage foundation look.  So stick around and have a read to see how I did it. I am not a professional by the way guys, this is just me showing you how I do my make up look NOT a tutorial!





For my face make up:


I started off with a clear face with just my usual moisturizer which can be found in my skincare post.

I then went ahead and filled in my eyebrows this is my favourite part of doing a full face it's just so satisfying IF it goes well! I used a generic warm brown soft pencil and then I set them in place with my Sleek Brow Perfector in dark brown. This helps to set them but also adds colour to parts I may have missed! It's a great purchase. I popped some concealer around my brows to neaten them up and give them a HD finish, I used two different foundations to make this shade.
Finished brows!

Primer time! I am currently using the Mattifying Under Makeup Base by INGLOT and I have to say it is incredible, when I first got it I was a bit wary as it didn't hold back the oil, but it turns out you have to let it sit for a bit on your skin! On my graduation day, it poured with rain, it was windy I was sweating with anxiety and my make up DID NOT budge! This is a wonder primer! 



Then on to foundation I am currently using the Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation, and let me just say it is fantastic! it's so natural it's like wearing a second skin but it is also buildable so you can use it as a high coverage foundation. I would say if you have oily skin to use a mattifying primer beforehand, as it can get a bit oily. I used a damp beauty blender and used one pump of foundation of my face and my neck.

 Such a natural looking foundation!


For my eyes:


I used this shade from a palette I purchased off ebay, it is a sort of dupe for Make Up Geek's Chickadee but with more of a brown undertone. I just swish that all over my lid and up to my brow bone.


For my crease I used my all time favourite shade of matte brown from the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette. As you can see it is a well loved shade. I used a pointed brush to put that in my crease in a 'v' shape, then used a fluffy brush to get rid of harsh lines.


The eye look so far...


Finally I used this cool toned gold shade from the Full Exposure Palette on the middle of my eye using a flat shader brush.

The initial look..



To finish off my eye look, I added a winged liner and some false lashes! I am literally a novice when it comes to lashes so if they look wonky then that is the reason why.

Oh dear I look a bit mad! This is how I highlight and reverse contour! Using the shade of foundations that I used to highlight my eyebrows I just use a pointed foundation brush and place it in these areas and use a damp beauty blender by Real Techniques to blend it out. I like to spend a lot of time blending this out!

Highlight, done and dusted.

 Setting my under eye highlight with a light power using the Real Techniques Blush Brush! It's such a big fluffy brush it works very lightly without removing the product from your face.

For my lips:


 For my lips I used a generic red lip liner and my INGLOT matte red shade (colour 409). 


This is the entire look after everything was done and dusted!
I loved this look for my graduation day it was just so flawless for photos and it worked well as a night and day look!






My outfits:

Day look:

 


 My day look was literally my favourite thing! I teamed a white dress from Miss Selfridges with some nude pumps from Select and my silver Micheal Kors watch. I love the simplicity of it and there wasn't too much faff.





My night look:



 For my night look, I was trying to be the black Kim K! No but really I went for a shorter dress as we were going to a nighclub and I didn't want to keep pulling a dress down all night. I really like the roll neck detail it makes it feel quite on trend, and it was only £10 from Primark!


I has such a wonderful day with my family, my boyfriend and his family, I was so proud to see all my friends graduate as well, we have all grown so much as people in the past three years, academically and personally! I'm sure the next stage will be just as brilliant!

Some pictures of the day:









Thank you all for reading this, I hope you enjoy the post and thank you so much for being patient about my lack of posts! 

Peace out lovelies, until my next post which wont be in another month I promise
xxx








1 comment: