Pages

Monday 24 August 2015

My Skin Care Routine




So this is my very first beauty post and I thought why not start with the basics, skin care. I like to keep my skin care routine very simple because when I was younger I used to think I needed tonnes of products to keep my face looking fresh and clean, but it broke my skin out like MAD! I mean my skin was just so erratic back in the day, however I have figured out what it needs and doesn’t need so without further ado, here is my skin care routine.



I tend to used oil free products because I have quite oily skin as it goes, so I start of with the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel, this is a soap-free gel which is oil-free and works by getting rid of excess sebum and unclogging pores leaving the skin soft and refreshed. It works absolute wonders on my skin, I have been using it for about 8 months now and I feel the difference in my skin if I don't use it. I left it at my parent's house for 2 weeks and I was so lost without it!  I use it on a wet face and lather it and gently work it around my face and down my neck. I use it to take off make up as well, (if I'm not feeling lazy) and it works really effectively as a makeup remover. You can pick it up at Boots stores in the UK for around £11 for a 200ml and a little goes a very long way! 

I then go ahead and reach for a deep cleansing mask, I use the Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Wash and Mask which retails at £3.69 at Boots.  I only use this a couple of times a week because it contains salicylic acid which is great for acne and blemish prone skin. Salicylic acid and products which contain it should be used with care because it can cause irritation, but if used correctly can lead to a clearer and brighter complexion. It works as an acidic exfoliator rather than a manual exfoliator, which I find a lot better to use on my skin because manual ones tend to break my skin out. Salicylic acid reduces inflammation and increases cell turnover. Look for products that have 0.5% to 2% salicylic acid in them as anything more than that will definitely irritate the skin! I put on a generous amount on my face as you would with a face mask, avoiding the eyes, mouth, and nostrils and leave it on for around five minutes and then wash it off thoroughly with lukewarm water and gently pat my face dry.  

Face toner is the next step for me, I think toner is very important if you have larger pores; it reduces the appearance of pores and reduces the amount of oil on your face. I have recently started using the Up Tone Girl toner which I cannot find the link on the Boots website at all I think it retails for about £7. It's a great natural product and it contains witch hazel it is a gentler version of salicylic acid. It is fragrance free and 97% natural!!!!  I use it on a cotton pad and swoop it all over my face and wait for it to dry naturally.

After my toner has completely dried, I move on to my next step which is moisturising. I think it's a great idea for people with oily skin to get quite a rich but oil free moisturiser because after all the oil removing your skin gets a bit aggy and wants to produce more oil because it thinks its lost ALL of its oil. So it needs moisture moisture and more moisture! I have recently started using the Simple Vital Vitamin Day Cream SPF15 I was using another Simple product which was the Hydrating Light Moisturiser but my skin was drinking it up so fast it was left feeling quite dry. However the day cream is amazing. It leaves my skin feeling completely hydrated, soft and smooth, and a plus side to this is that it has SPF 15 which is good for everyone, even if you have dark skin you still need protection from harmful UV and UVB rays. I just smooth this all over my face and neck in an upward and outward motion. 




And that is that! As I said before nice and simple does the trick with my skin, because it hates being overloaded with products, but the key is to find what works for you! I wouldn't advise going out and spending a bomb on skin care and then finding that out it's totally not for you!  I hope you've enjoyed this post and I'm really sorry it's late and that I didn't post on Wednesday, I went to my parent's house for the week and ended up getting carried away in Kenyan food and a bit of cheeky weekday drinking! This week will hopefully be back on track! 

Peace out lovelies 
xxx





2 comments:

  1. I love Naked products, but I didn't realise they made skincare - I've only ever used their shampoos and conditioners! I'll have to look out for the toner next time I'm in Boots :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I didn't either until I stumbled upon this in Boots in my home town but I think they should do it in Boots across the country! you should definitely check it out its natural and cruelty free! :) xx

      Delete